The Jahn and Coughlin groups at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague offer a PhD studentship starting in September 2022.
The project is a unique cooperation between chemists, archaeologists, and historians to perform analysis and total synthesis of compounds used in ancient Egyptian and Greek perfumery.
The successful candidate will work at an excellent European institution with state-of-the-art facilities in an international group of PhD students and postdocs in Organic chemistry, Egyptology, and the History of science.
Prague offers a stimulating atmosphere to accomplish your goals and is an excellent place to live.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Organic chemistry
- Very good theoretical knowledge of Organic chemistry
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent expertise in structure elucidation of organic compounds
- Creative practical lab experience to master interdisciplinary collaboration and historical context
- Good financial remuneration
- Initial full-time fixed-term contract for 1 year, with the potential of extension for another three years
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 sick days
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance and contribution to sports/culture/leisure time
- Meals subsidy
- Financial support for mothers with young children
- Located in the stunning city of Prague, our research facilities feature a state-of-the-art instrumentation portfolio
The starting date of the position is set for September 2022.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, your CV, graduation certificates and transcripts of records to Dr. Ullrich Jahn: [email protected].